20 May 2010

my heart is burdened lately. child sex trafficking and prostitution has been on my mind and heart. i cry for these girls who have unspeakable things done to them. my heart breaks for the hundreds that i know are right in my own city. they are so far out of my reach, they might as well be light-years away. "the prayer of a righteous person has great power." [james.5.16] so i pray for them. and as i do, i can't help but think..... why me? why am i so blessed? why do i have so much? why do i complain about little things that i don't like, when from an outsiders view, my life is one that everyone would wish for. why has God chosen me?

1 comment:

C said...

I also have a heart for hild sex trafficking and prostitution, as well as slavery. It hurts me too. Those thoughts run through my head too,

"why me? why am i so blessed? why do i have so much?"

Why DO I complain about all those little things.

Why, truly has God chosen me and you for the life we live.
We may never know, and we may. Our place is not to question all out lives. but to simply obey. To go where God leads. He has made us the way we are, given us our lives as they are for a precious purpose.

I do not know what, but I do know it is Perfect.